Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Thank the Lord, I made it home safely from Costa Rica at 1:00 A.M. this morning. My trip accomplished the goals that I wanted to accomplish. I had several good meetings with different people, and for the first time had a chance to work with both the church in the capital as well as the Guatemalan missionaries serving in Costa Rica. Several things really encouraged me, while to be honest I was also concerned about several things. The trip was a real eye opener; I feel like a got a deeper look into mission work than I have ever had before, and in some senses it was overwhelming. However, God met with me in a very real and special way on Sunday afternoon, promising me that He would be with us in our ministry. I saw clearly that we will have to do our absolute best and then rely completely on Him. I'm still excited about working in Costa Rica, but there has been more of a sense of realism about the whole thing that has set in as well.
(Below are just a few of the many pictures that I took. Over the next little while I will be sharing some "Portraits of Costa Rica" with pictures and stories about those pictures).

Young members of the capital congregation pose for the camera.

Traditional dancers show off their colorful garb.


Carlos was my best friend when my family lived in Costa Rica.


The National Bank rises behind the post office.

The Ticos (Costa Ricans) know how to save gas.

0 comments: