Friday, August 8, 2008

Go Ahead And Say It

Boy, did I ever pull a dumb one. I was outside mowing a little while ago, and went to pick up a rock. Instead of stopping the mower and getting off, I simply pushed the clutch in and leaned over to get the rock (blades still running). Well, I was wearing flip-flops and my foot slipped off the clutch. Considering the fact that I was at the edge of our pond, I promptly went down over the bank. With a great bang my blades were buried in landscaping rocks, and the mower got stuck. After a moment of shock, it dawned on me that I had better turn the blades off. I was too far over the bank to back up, so I had to drive down into the pond (thankfully the water is down about two feet and there was a small patch of muddy ground right there). I was able to put down a pallet and drive back out, and amazingly the mower and the blades don't seem to be too much the worse for wear. I'm just glad that I went over where I did instead of six inches to the left, where I would have very possibly flipped off of a large concrete slab.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work Mr. McDowell! Didn't SIMO have a mower operation course that you could have taken:)
Have a blessed day
Pastor Bennett