Monday, August 4, 2008

Catch Up

More time has passed since my last post than I would have liked. I could give you all sorts of reasons as to why, but I will spare you the details. Here is a brief recap of what has transpired in the last week.

- We spent Monday through Thursday morning in Petersburg, Michigan and had a Wednesday night service. While there, we were able to fellowship with different former inmates whom they are reaching through a jail ministry.

- Thursday morning we drove to Marion, OH and had the afternoon and night services at the Bethel Holiness Camp. In the evening service I felt led to share my personal testimony, and a young man got saved at the close of the service!

- We left for home after the service on Thursday night at 10:00 P.M., getting in at 4:00 A.M. on Friday.

- On Friday we and a number of our church people helped our new pastor's family, the Fred Bennetts, move into the parsonage.

- I went calling with a group from the Sunbury God's Missionary Church on Saturday, finishing my requirements for a ministerial internship. My partner and I knocked on 98 doors and had some very good contacts.

- Yesterday we enjoyed two very good services at the Penns Creek God's Missionary Camp.

I promised to post some pictures from this last deputation trip; these are from the petting zoo that we visited our first week out. They had all sorts of animals there, including wallabies, a zebra, reindeer, emus, goats, cows, horses, rabbits, ducks, peacocks, llamas, chickens, and probably a few more that I am forgetting.




























0 comments: