Saturday, April 26, 2008

Goals for Deputation

We are about half way through our Ohio/Indiana tour, and God has been helping us. We had a very good service yesterday evening at Shoals, IN. Well, it was very good except for one minor detail. When I went to get up from kneeling down for prayer, my one shoe somehow got wedged vertically between the floor and the bottom of the pew in front of me. The more I struggled to get up, the more firmly wedged it became. Finally I had to work my foot out of the shoe; thankfully I had on a pair of slip-on rather than tie-ups. Anyway, the whole ordeal was rather embarrassing.

Although I haven't done that much preaching, I've done enough to know that God is the one that makes the difference and produces lasting results. Before we started on deputation, I set five specific goals that I wanted to see God accomplish through our travels. I would like to share those goals with you and ask you to please pray with me that God will see them met.

1. To help people develop more of a burden to effectively share the gospel message with those within their circle of influence
"Missions" involves all of us, not just those who are going to foreign fields. All souls have equal value in God's sight, whether they live in the US or in Costa Rica.

2. To see God call at least one new laborer into His harvestfields

3. To help people become aware and involved in foreign missions to where it becomes one of their passions
I believe that God wants all of us to carry a burden in be involved in foreign missions, and I have been encouraging people to set specific goals or plans to become more involved. Once people become involved, they will automatically develop more of a passion for missions.

4. To raise prayer support
I believe in the power of prayer. People right here in the US can have an influence on the souls to whom we are ministering in Costa Rica through their prayers.

5. To raise our full financial support
Although nobody likes to talk about this part of deputation, it is simply one of the realities of mission work. It is going to cost EFM a little over $3,000 a month to put us on the field. We are trying to raise at least 155 support shares of $20.00 a month. Although it seems like a big task, I believe that God is going to help us meet our goal.

0 comments: