Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hunting Woes

Well, a very busy week and a half is over, and now we are getting ready for a very busy Christmas season. It is amazing how many activities we can pack in around holidays. I will post some pictures this coming week from our Thanksgiving get-togethers.

Deer rifle season is halfway over, and I still have not shot a deer. Last Monday was opening day her in PA, and it rained all day. I hunt with my father-in-law and two brother-in-laws (Jason and Scott), and none of us got anything. The weather on Tuesday was better, but we still didn't have any success. We hunted yesterday, and Jason shot a nice doe at about 10:00. I walked up to him after he shot it, and he said that I could sit in his spot. He had already seen seven deer, and I hadn't seen anything where I was sitting. So, I sat at Jason's spot for the rest of the day. Jason went home and didn't come back until about an hour and a half before quitting time. He sat in my spot from that morning, and guess what? That's right, deer came by him three different times within about an hour's time! Oh well, I guess that's the way that hunting goes.



I had better success at foosball than I did with hunting.


I know that this is a little late for Thanksgiving, but I just saw it today and thought it was neat.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0183913358

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked the turkey!