Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm Back

I'm back, and a lot has happened since my last post. I finished my internship with Pastor Jacob Martin at the Sunbury God's Missionary Church. Missy and I had a great time while I was working there, and it was a great learning experience for me as well.


We just got back last night from a week-long trip to Costa Rica. While there, we were able to stay with Br. Rolando and Sis. Carmen, a young couple who pastor the church my parents worked with, visit with different of the church people, check out the language school where we will be studying, do some sightseeing, and visit the area where we will be working. Br. Steve Hight, the vice president of EFM, was down there with us as well, and we had a good time fellowshipping with him. At this point there are two congregations in Costa Rica. Our responsibilities will include working with Br. Rolando and Sis. Carmen, and helping with the second congregation. We took a lot of pictures while we were
down there; I will share a few of them in my next couple of posts.

Br. Rolando is
leading in
Sunday morning
worship. As a young
pastor, he is doing
a great job. We
sensed that he carries
a real burden for
his people.




Sis. Carmen is
busy preparing
another one of her
wonderful Costa
Rican dishes.
Rolando and Carmen's
four boys: Jeffrey, Isaac,
Brandon, and Aaron

0 comments: