Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Hey, when you're this old, I guess you deserve a nap! Tomorrow is Br. Hight's birthday, and I want to do my best to make his special day a memorable occasion. I'm sad to announce that our dear vice president has threatened me with dire consequences if I were to ever post this picture. Actually, I think that he was using a little reverse psychology, and deep down inside is looking forward to the popularity this photo will bring him.

Tomorrow we head down to North Carolina to start deputation. On the way there we will stop overnight to spend some time with Missy's grandma. We will be gone for two and a half weeks, so I don't know whether I will get a chance to post for a little while.

7 comments:

Rodney said...

That is a great picture of my father-n-law. I think this would be a good picture for the Herald. Maybe he could do an article on how exhausting a missionaries life can be....

tacomom said...

Oh my word! You post this against his command and then plan to leave it there for a couple weeks while on deputation?!?!? You are one brave man! lol! Although, I do have to admit to chuckling and clicking really fast on your blog link when I saw your post at Michelle's blog :) This poor guy WAS tired from all the walking you all did.

Michelle said...

Gah! That scared me!

Thanks for the picture...truly made my day and gave me a good giggle.

Steve Hight said...

You are truly a rascal and are totally lacking in respect for your elders and those in authority over you. The list is now L-O-O-N-G and B-L-A-A-A-C-K!!

Karen Walden said...

Great Photo of Brother Hight! (We went to church with him and his family for years before they moved to Bedford.) They are a lot of fun!

Vonnie said...

So I saw that Bro. Hight didn't want us to see his sleeping picture and I thought that was a good enough reason to come and check it out. :) It is a good one! :) Vonnie Bryan, N. Pole, AK (Sankey's daughter)

Kim M. said...

Great picture! I go to church with Brother Hight.. thankfully I haven't caught him doing this during church yet. :-)
Thanks for posting and God Bless!