Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Can Wash Away My Sins?

Nothing but the blood of Jesus!


Costa Rica is predominately a Catholic nation. My heart is stirred every time I see a Costa Rican doing something to try to earn their way into Heaven. We recently took some friends to see the largest Catholic church in the country and I recorded this video. How can these people believe that crawling hundreds of feet on a hard tile floor will improve their chances in eternity? Lord, help me to be able to do something to reach them with the truth!

3 comments:

Kara Plank said...

oh my. that is so sad.

Jessica Rhone said...

As a former confessing Catholic, one particular scripture verse that helped shed light & spoke to me was John 14:6 Jesus said, I am the way, the truth & the life, no man comes to the father but by me.

It was the latter part of the verse, no man comes to the father by me that made me realize I no longer needed a Catholic Priest if you will to intercede for sins on my behalf, I could directly approach the throne of grace by going to Jesus.

As a fellow believer in Christ, I am sharing the burden of the lost with you as I know all to well the sense of urgency, that even our next breath should never be taken for granted because it simply is not guaranteed, whether one has faith or not.

Kristen Artz said...

That is really sad! I think though that for all of Central America the official religion is Catholic and I know that Honduras, the country which I am called to is predominately Catholic as well. I'm sure that this is a hurdle I will face on the mission field as well and it is really sad.