Sunday, April 19, 2009

Missionary Trivia

Too much time has passed since my last post, for which I offer my most humble appologies. We have not fallen off the face of the earth. In fact, God met with us today in our service in Paraiso. There was a good crowd, Pastor Rolando gave a good message, and there was a good spirit in the service.


I have a quick trivia question for you. As a missionary, is my time better spent preaching, teaching, painting, sleeping, or building relationships? Hmmmm................








I have no idea how you might rank my options in order of importance, but I believe that one of the most important responsibilities of a missionary (and of a Christian I might add, but I won't get on my soap box) is to build relationships. We recently had a chance to do that with Rolando, Carmen, and their four boys when we invited them to our house for pizza. After eating, we all enjoyed a nice time at a local park.




6 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

I agree with you. Building relationships is BIG! So glad that y'all had Rolando and Carmen over and spent time with them. They are such dear people, and I know that they enjoyed their time with y'all. We had them and Zach and Sarah over once or twice and tried to do things with them often. We have wonderful memories of our times together.

Have a super week in Jesus. =)

Kara Plank said...

I also agree with you about building relationships. I don't really even think people/laymen in our churches take the time to really get to know each other, much less outside of church...

Devin is getting so big!!! Looks like he had a great time with the other boys.

Noah and Heather said...

Wait a minute. Paraiso? Doesn't that mean paradise? So you did fall off the end of the earth, after all!

Noah and Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noah and Heather said...

In answer to your question, though, I would think that building relationships while teaching would be the answer. Kinda like John Avery Whittaker. You never hear him preach but whether in the story or in real life, he has touched the lives of more kids by teaching (and building relationships) than I am ever likely to.

Kezia Jackman said...

Rex and Missy,

I've visited your blog several times now and just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about and praying for you. I hope you don't mind if I share a little bit about your work with our church tonight. As the mission president of our church, I have to do a monthly service, and you all have been on my heart so I'm going to present your work to our people. God bless! Kezia (Morley) Jackman