Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Good Sunday

Thank the Lord for a good Sunday. We attended our church in the capital, and God was present and working. A couple had come to the church an hour before service time and had wanted to talk to the pastor. They had told him that they really wanted to get their lives straightened out, and during the service they prayed to get saved!


Right after the service was over, a drunk came to the church. The pastor talked to him first and prayed with him, and then the man wanted to talk to me. John was definitely drunk, but he was at least partly with it. One thing that stuck out to me was that although he was drunk, he did not have the appearance of a bum. John told me that he is a mechanic and owns a shop right down the street from the church. He said that he has money, but that he is not happy. I was able to share with him the only true Reason for happiness, and he really took it all in. At the end he really hugged me, and he asked for my phone number. He said that he wants to start attending our church, and the he wants to be my friend. We have his number as well, and the Lord willing we will be able to build a relationship with John. Please pray for this man. Sometimes it is hard to interpret a situation like that, but I do know that God specializes in hard cases.

Unfortunately we didn't have our camera with us this morning, so I can't share pictures of John or the couple who got saved. I guess I will just have to post a random picture of our little man instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how are you all doing down just south of us. I hope that your studies are going well for you. How is Rolando and the family? Tell them we said hello and that we are praying for them. Hey, when you have an opportunity I would like to have Jesus Alguilera phone number their in CR. Take care and God bless you and your family.

Steve Hight said...

Thanks for the account of your Sunday in Barrio Mexico. You didn't tell me about these things when you called about that day. I'm glad there are some positives that you can look at.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! I was expecting to read some more "interesting" news, but thank the Lord, it was all good news this time. Hope you have a great week.

P.S. My little buddy is growing up too fast.