Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Commissioning Service

Life is busy, busy, busy right now. We got home late last Friday from our visit to North Carolina and Virginia. On Sunday we had our commissioning service, and yesterday we had Thanksgiving with my side of the family. I have tons of pictures to share, so it's catch-up time.

Our commissioning service was very special for both Missy and me. Br. Steve Mowery, our missions director from our Penn View days, was the special speaker. Br. Steve Hight drove in all the way from Indiana to do the actual commissioning, and several of our family members shared in music. We want to say a special "thanks" to each one who participated.




I want you to notice the picture above and the picture to the left. My mother-in-law is crying at the thought of me leaving, and my sister-in-law is giving me a big hug. See, their true feelings do come out, even though they would never tell you just how special I am.

1 comments:

Eric said...

Congratulations! Wish you all the best in your endeavors for the Lord!