Thursday, October 9, 2008

Still Alive

Deputation continues, and we are still alive. This tour has been our busiest schedule by far. Our first week out had us in six services in five days, and from this Wednesday until Sunday we will have been in five more services in five days. One answer to prayer on this trip is that we have been able to raise more shares than normal, and God has blessed us with several very good services. Another highlight of this trip has been a chance to spend several days with Missy's brother and wife, Scott and Sarah Susan. Devin has enjoyed playing with his little cousin Ethan.

On Thursday of last week we had the privilege of speaking in a chapel service at Union Bible College. That was the first time for Missy and me to spend time on the campus (I had driven by it when I traveled with a quartet from Penn View). I'm still partial to Penn View, but it was exciting to see how God is working at this sister Bible college.

I went hunting this morning for the first time this season. Actually, Scott went hunting and I took a video camera. Since I do not have an OH hunting license, we were hoping to make millions by my being able to capture Scott shooting a monster buck on video. Unfortunately we were skunked (for you non-hunters, that means that we didn't see any deer, not that we were sprayed by a skunk). It was still fun though, and I know that the deer back in PA are already getting scared over the fact that I will be back in town next weekend.

Well, enough of my rambling. Here are a few pictures in closing. We would appreciate your prayers as we finish the last week of this tour.

Devin's new little girlfriend (and yes, they are holding hands)

Go-carting at the Dotsons

Devin gives Cousin Ethan a kiss

Bedtime

Too many hours on the road

0 comments: