Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back Safe and Sound

We're home, and I can tell you that there is nothing like home sweet home. Although our tour went well, it is good to be back. I kept track (or actually our GPS did) of how many hours and miles we spent on the road, and we traveled over 3,000 miles in over 50 hours driving time in three weeks to be in 15 services. Thank God for traveling protection!

I know that posts over the last three weeks have been few and far between, so I will try to get back on track. Hopefully this will pull us out of our present viewing slump :).

Our last service, held at the Beauty of Holiness Church in Jackson, OH, was quite interesting. I mis-calculated our driving time there, and we ended up arriving 30 min. after the service started. The congregation was very understanding, and we had a good service in spite of the fact. It wasn't until after the service that I remembered my quartet service at this same church four or five years ago. In route to that service, our van had a flat, and our group ended up being way late for that service too! Coincidence?

That night we had a very nice stay with the Craces. Br. Crace is 62 years old, his heart is 55, and one of his kidneys is 41 (I think I got the numbers right). It is a miracle that he is alive today, but he has been going for over 20 years on a transplanted heart. He does beautiful woodworking, as you can see by this hutch and corner cabinet.

In closing, Devin hangs out in TN.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Rex & Missy,
I enjoy reading your blog & keeping up with your travels. What a surprise when I checked it tonight and found some familiar faces. My mom & dad said they enjoyed having you all in their home.
Connie Earls

tim said...

I believe I was along for a servic e with you at the BOH church...I dont remember the flat, but I do remember the trailor coming off after we left Danville, Ohio. What a team.