Friday, September 19, 2008

The 3-foot Catch

That's right, I had a 3-foot catch out of my pond a couple of days ago. The only problem was that my catch was a snake, not a bass. That's right, I caught this guy (or gal, I haven't figured out how to tell on a snake). It was sticking its head out of the water, so I tried to snag it. And to my surprise, I did snag it with my superior fishing skills. Now, can you tell me what kind it was (was in the past tense since I decapitated it)? We think it might have been a water moccasin, but are not sure.

5 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

UGH!

tim said...

great catch!
most likely an innocent water moccasin...since there are no lethal "cotton-mouths" this far north...the round pupils give it away... still ugly and worth cleaning out of the pond as they are big fish eaters and scare the living daylights out of unsuspecting fisherpeople.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. . . that is quite the catch. I'm glad it didn't make its appearance in June while we were out there. How gross!

krledu said...

If thats all you can catch I have to wonder about your fish catching skills. lol Btw, I have been playing rook a little but haven't had much luck. What is your screen name anyway? I am usually on duelbard around 8:00 (MT). Look me up for a game sometime.

The Dickinsons said...

YUCK!!!! Spooky!!!! Glad he/she is dead!!!!