Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Crash

We had a crash this past Thursday! Actually, we've sorta crashed most of the weekend. After all, isn't that what you are supposed to do when you get home from being on the road for close to a month? Anyway, we thank the Lord for giving us a good trip and bringing us home safely.

Sunday morning was our first time to be at our home church for a while. It was so nice to be able to spend some time on Mother's Day with both of our mothers. I have been blessed with 2.85 good mothers in my life. Missy is an awesome mother to my son; God has blessed me in giving her to me. My mother has meant so much to me down through the years. Thanks mom, for always being there for me. And then there is my mother-in-law (that's where the .85 comes in). But for fear of being blackmailed again with her apple pie, I had better be nice to her. So I'll put it this way--she is the best mother-in-law that I have ever had.

If you think of it, please pray for Br. Steve Hight and his family in the coming days. His mother passed away, and the funeral will be tomorrow.

Today we gave Devin his first major haircut (notice the we), and boy did he need it. We had trimmed his hair several times before, but today we got serious. I must say that it turned out better than what we expected, or maybe I should say better than what we feared.

2 comments:

krledu said...

Awww! Devin looks so cute with his haircut. Hope deputation has been going well for you. I am about to head full force into deputation now that school is done. Can't wait to see you guys at SIMO. I am bringing my Rook cards. LOL

Jenn said...

My son needs one of those haircuts. want to do his too? Just kidding, though it look like you did a great job on Devin's.
This is Jenn (Double)Alexander. Just wanted to let you know I'm excited about your mission work. God bless you for answering His call!