Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home in Heaven

Two posts ago I shared a couple of pictures of Grandpa Kaufman, my spiritual hero. Tonight, Grandpa is in heaven. He passed away peacefully at 11:12 this morning. All five of his children were with him, and he woke up from a 24-hour coma about three minutes before he died. My mom said that he recognized those with him, and that it was a beautiful moment.
We will be heading down to North Carolina early tomorrow morning. The viewing is tomorrow night, and the funeral is Saturday morning.

I will really miss Grandpa's prayers.


My mom is the first child, I am the first grandchild, and Devin is the first great-grandchild.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

I am really sorry to hear about your family's loss. Trust you have a safe trip and God's blessings on you all.

tim said...

your grandpa made an impression on me 30 years ago...I remember few people from that time in my life...especially those who I only met a few times, but he stood out. I'm certain it was that he was a godly man and even a child could sense his Christ-like spirit. God bless you all as you mourn and celebrate a true saint.

Raylin said...

We are sorry for your loss, our thoughts will be with you!

mama2ryleigh said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing. Please extend our condolences to the rest of your family.

Kara Plank said...

Sorry about your family's loss. It's neat you got to spend Thanksgiving with him and get some good pictures of him with Devin. Those you can keep and cherish and tell Devin all about what a wonderful man of God he was.