Thursday, August 2, 2007

What is a Gardener?

So, what exactly is a gardener? I have been asking myself that question, since I am trying to determine whether or not I am one. If a gardener is someone who plants a garden and then lovingly and tenderly cares for that garden multiple times a week (like my inlaws), then I am definitely not a gardener. However, I did plant a garden this year. My problem is that I like the results of a garden (especially corn on the cob), but I don't like the upkeep of a garden. I did till the ground before I planted, but that was the only time that I tilled. I don't pull weeds much either. After all, who needs to pull weeds when you have one of these?




I planted cauliflower this year. I read somewhere that you are supposed to tie up the leaves to keep the heads from getting bleached out. I figured that it would be easier to tape them up.


So, if that is not the way to garden, then I guess that I am not a gardener. However, if a gardener is determined by his produce, then maybe I would be qualified as a gardener afterall.

0 comments: